FREE & Open to All Members
August 17, Saturday, Noon – 3:00 pm
Vista Sonoma, Santa Rosa, CA 95405
Each year all WNBA chapters hold a planning meeting open to all members to gather ideas for the upcoming program year, Fall 2013 — Spring 2014. Luncheon and light snacks will be provided.
We would love your input and feedback!
Even if you cannot attend this meeting, please send us your ideas in the form below. When you RSVP that you will attend the August 17th meeting, you’ll be given the exact address and directions.
Our agenda is open to include recommendations from members. However, the SF Chapter board will convene shortly after the Annual Planning Meeting to vote on what recommendations we are able to pursue in the coming program year.
Our line-up NOW includes these educational and charitable events already planned:
1. Nationally recognized authors at Books Inc., Opera Plaza for National Reading Group Month event co-presented with Litquake, October 19th
2. Member author readings at Bay Area bookshops with recently published books
3. Lively quarterly mixers throughout the Bay Area for informal networking
4. Featured Member monthly interviews on our website
5. San Francisco Writers Conference: Members volunteer and can assist with our co-presented community event
6. Pitch-O-Rama: Authors pitch their projects to editors, publishers and agents
7. Effie Lee Morris Lecture Series in collaboration with SFPL
8. Literacy partnership: Donates books to homeless families and provides picture book storytelling program
What other events or activities would you like SF Chapter to sponsor?
Keep in mind our mission: WNBA, a national organization founded in 1917, exists to promote literacy, a love of reading, and women’s roles in the community of the book.
Fill in the form below. We hope to hear from you and see you soon!
Oops! We could not locate your form.